On January 21st, Moshi's CEO went in-studio to talk about vaping and about how Moshi came to be. Moshi has been featured prominently on the show recently as Todd's Co-host, Jay Brody, has been using them to switch off of smoking. You can listen to the full interview by clicking on the image below:
Moshi picks up 2 Five Star Awards in our latest review from V4P3R. Check the full txt of the review here:
Our favorite part of the review:
"Canadian e-liquid won’t remain vaping’s best kept secret for long if Moshi has anything to say about it."
Recently, the governing liberals introduced provincial legislation to regulate electronic cigarettes. This proposed regulation is far reaching and will greatly affect your ability to vape freely in Ontario. Some of the restrictions in the proposed bill include:
- No Sales to Under 19 (one agreeable point)
- No Displays of Electronic Cigarette hardware
- No Displays of E-Liquid (with or without nicotine)
- No Listing of flavours
- No Showing consumers how to use or troubleshoot the devices
- No Vaping in Vape Shops, thus no Vape Lounges
- No Ontario Based Online Sales
- No Indoor Vape Meets in Public Spaces (Even if private club, a paid venue or rented space)
- No Vaping in vehicle with persons under 16 years old
While we certainly agree with some of these points, this legislation is going well above and beyond what common sense would dictate. I urge all vapers, especially those in Ontario, to take action and help to fight this bill from becoming law. Should the government succeed in Ontario, it would likely be the roadmap for provincial legislation across the country which could endanger the very idea of vaping in this country.
What Can You Do?
Sign This Petitionhttps://www.change.org/p/ontario-ministry-of-health-and-long-term-care-create-electronic-cigarette-regulations-that-make-sense
Reach out to your MPPLet them know that this legislation is a violation of your rights. Keep it positive and tell you story.
Contacts of Interest for Bill 45:
Associate Minister, Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
(Parliament | Twitter | Facebook)
Ontario MPP Email Addresses:
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Jfraser.email@example.com, JFrench-QP@ndp.on.ca, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, LGretzky-QP@ndp.on.ca, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, PHatfield-QP@ndp.on.ca, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Psattlerfirstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
A few news organizations that you might wish to include in your email thread:
email@example.com, Keith.Doucette@thecanadianpress.com, CBCFeedback@cbc.ca, Claire.Allen@cknw.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Aedan.Helmer@sunmedia.ca, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Edward.email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Julia.Wong@globalnews.ca, PaigeParsons@cmail.carleton.ca, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The more we share our stories and make it known that this is unacceptable, the more likely we are to push this back and preserve our right to vape and be free of tobacco.
CEO - Moshi
A pretty sweet review of 4 of our favorite flavours of Moshi E-liquid from kickcigsnow.com:
Read the full review HERE:
One of the finest looking brands and packaging ever seen.
Let me describe what I received by mail for testing and review. A box carefully wrapped containing protective bubble wrap holds another smaller box. Inside the smaller box, individually bubble wrapped bottles – sealed – and each containing one black opaque bottle with a child-proof black flat cap, plus an eye dropper to put on the bottle – also child proof.
The first bottle I uncapped had a plastic retailer inserted into the neck of the bottle to prevent any leakage – an outstanding job packaging the product and packing it for mail shipment. From the time I received notification of shipment to getting the box at my door was a total of four days, and that included a long weekend. Incredible!
Moshi make some fine eLiquids, really fine. It's not just the packaging that is exceptional, its the juice too. The ingredients read like the best you can get. Here's an example of the first one I uncapped, High Park. Vegetable Glycerine - USP 99.5% Food Grade and Kosher/Halal Certified; Propylene Glycol - USP 99.9% Food Grade and Kosher Certified; and, Flavoring - USP Food Grade Natural and Organic Certified where applicable. All of their eLiquids are a 50/50 blend – that is 50% propylene glycol and 50% vegetable glycerine.
I received four eLiquids to test and review ... and a note before I start: these are a 50/50 blend. This would be considered "high VG" and would normally pour a bit on the thick side. The Moshi E-Liquids are already adjusted for viscosity and flow perfectly. Here's the reviews:
- Moshi High Park is a strawberry banana blend with a hint of cream. This is simply an amazing flavor with strawberry as the overtone. The middle tone is banana and the under tone is just a slight hint of cream. When you inhale, the first flavor to strike you is the strawberry – a very rich and sweet strawberry – and just like a strawberry fresh picked at a fruit market from a quart box. Although the banana is a middle tone, you'd swear it just dropped on the ground when the picker cut the banana bunch from the tree and picked one out fresh for you. The hint of cream adds an element of smoothness just like you mixed sliced strawberries and bananas and poured a rich milk or cream over them. Throat hit is excellent. I absolutely loved the after taste. It lingers for a nice long time. Second-hand scent from this is sweet strawberry. My favorite vape is banana strawberry ... and this brand ranks right at the top. It's a perfect all day vape, particularly if you like fruit flavors.
- Moshi Ossington is a Belgium Waffles flavor. I spent a lot of time with this, it is incredibly good and tastes just like a waffle – only thing missing is the waffle press (and no cords). I was intrigued what would happen if I mixed this with other flavors – what a treat trying this out. I mixed Ossington with High Park and couldn't put it down. What a vape. Ossington is an excellent flavor that is excellent on its own and can be mixed with other flavors (particularly fruit flavors) to create your own tasty treat. Throat hit is excellent and quite smooth. After taste is incredible, on its own and mixed with other flavors. When you mix it with other flavors it adds a sweet "bakery" after taste to the other flavor. Second-hand scent is spicy.
- Moshi Leslie Valley is a fruit explosion ... a medley of fruits with an apple overtone. The mid-tone is a blend of red berries. The undertone is blueberry. This is a really sweet concoction, a dream mix for any fruit eLiquid lover. Throat hit is amazing with an after taste that is long lasting and superb. Fruit flavors are my favorite, I tend to favor berries. The Leslie Valley blend from Vape Moshi just hit my sweet spot. This is an all day vape and one you will be reaching for regularly.
- Moshi Yorkville has a taste somewhat similar to a custard. It's a blend of vanilla, almond, butter and cinnamon. If you've ever had a Snickerdoodle cookie, the taste is almost identical. A very nice dessert style of vape and great for drippers too. The overtone is a buttery vanilla, a bit like Madagascar Vanilla, but with a buttery edge. The middle tone is nutty – not sure I would call it almond. The undertone is spicy cinnamon. I like the throat hit with this, it is quite nice. After taste is hard to describe. If you have ever had a snickerdoodle, you get the same effect ... the after taste is a delicious blend of all the ingredients – if anything really is predominant, it would be a taste similar to a custard. Excellent vape!
Moshi is clearly doing things right. They made our job of testing and reviewing very difficult though ... all the flavors they sent us are so good we were distracted from doing the tests and reviews: pure enjoyment.
Disclaimer: taste is subjective and everyone has a different pallet. Your tastes might be different than mine, and mine different than yours. Please keep that in mind as you read the reviews posted. You should also note that we do not lab test eLiquids and cannot verify whether or not they contain diacetyl, acetoin, acetyl propionyl or any other compound. You will have to check with the retailer.
Moshi is now a client member of the ECTA
We are committed to ensuring the highest quality products and the highest industry standards
We wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that Moshi has become a client member of the Electronic Cigarette Trade Association of Canada. The ECTA is committed to providing a level of voluntary oversight to the E-cig industry that includes liquid testing, labeling compliance and various other safeguards.
We feel this a positive and necessary step to legitimizing the industry, and we welcome the opportunity to have our products vetted by third parties to ensure the safety of our customers.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 1 844 VAPE MOSHI. You may also verify our membership by clicking on the ECTA image above.
We had an awesome time at VapeCan this year, and can't wait to do it again next year! It was great getting to meet so many customers in one place and get tons of positive feedback on our juices. Here are some of the highlights:
Pbusardo with the Moshi Team
PBusardo with the Moshi Girls!
Pbusardo buying a bottle to take home
The Moshi Crew hard at work on Day 2
Posing with our Case De Vape Caricature
The Moshi Black Bottle
JP Posing with his prizes from winning 2 days worth of Smoke Ring Competitions (the mods, not Evita)
Thanks to all the organizers for putting on a great show, we can't wait for next year!
Schedule for the Event:
Saturday - August 9, 2014 - Day 2
Sunday - August 10, 2014 - Day 3
Original Sponsorship Coordinator: Jason (JayTheVapingGuy) Hubbard